Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Don't You Hate a Shy Bitch?

I haven't blogged in awhile. I'm not proud, believe me. And in fact I feel prtty bad about it. But I have a gr8 excuse! Lil Wayne.

After listening to the hilariously edited clean versions of "Lollipop" and "A Milli" way too many times, I decided to BUY Tha Carter III. Yeah. I bought it. Sometimes I make good decisions; this was an awesome one. So I've been taking some time off from my usual BNGRZ and RMXS and have been having the time of my life getting down with my hip hop side.

Electro has its way of popping back up in my mind, though. So I tried to find a good Lil Wayne RMX by an artist I like so I could combine my two true lvs. AND I FOUND THIS FOR YALL!

I have to say that I like the original better. Nadastrom did a kick-A job of remixing this sick track, though. I am a firm believer that a remix should either improve a track or render it unrecognizable. Because Lil Wayne's voice is so unique, charmingly nasal and, well, Weezy (ha ha), hearing a slowed-down dub of this track without the repeated "a milli" drone in the background is kind of jarring at first. As soon as the beat drops and you get used to the alterations Nadastrom made, this remix is gold.

As a bonus, I am going to provide 4 u my FAVORITE Lil Wayne track.

No comments: