Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer 2K8 Stylistic Shift & Other News

Today, I celebrate a new dawn in the age of the Oberlin Tritone - now going by the name of "Litter Paragon." I realized that I will actually only really be writing about Oberlin when mentioning places like the 'Sco, and cultural events and phenomena at Oberlin will always be related back to "the real world." This being said, I decided to step back and contemplate what this blog actually means, which is very little. I hope that what I post has some meaningful value to some of you out there, even if it is in the form of free mp3's and the occasional satire, but I have no delusions of profundity. There are countless electro/fashion/opinion/cultural satire/indie scene blogs out there, truly littering the internet with redundant blabbering. I'll try to make this as useful as possible, limiting the self-affirmation that comes along with having your own blog. Litter Paragon is the culmination of my frustration with blogs such as this, and my admiration for some of the undeniably cookie-cutter blogs out there (such as this...). It's an oxymoron, but it's what the internet is coming to.

Enough with the mission statement. My concert schedule for this summer is packed and bangin' - fellow Oberlin cats Teengirl Fantasy will be dropping by Rinoceropolis this Wednesday, kicking things off. There are local indie shows multiple times per week at the Plummer Schoolhouse and the Alley House, and starting this week, I'll be going to Denver for shows as often as I have gas money for. I was really surprised at how many of my favorite artists are coming through Colorado this summer. I'll have a lot to write about very soon. Hell yeah.

This summer will mark a stylistic shift for this blog. Because I'm not writing for The Grape or any other publication this summer, expect more mp3's and hypewriting and less essay-esque mammoth posts. I think this will be a healthy change for both of us. I'm kicking it off with a bomb ass list of my favorite tracks right now. I'm not promising these are totally new (although most are...), just that they're sick as fuck.

Hit Me TV - "Maybe the Dancefloor (Blokgolf Remix)" mp3

The Presets - "My People (DIM Remix)" mp3
Kid Sister - "Pro Nails (TEPR Remix)" mp3
GRUM - "Go Back (Le Castle Vania Remix)" mp3
Steve Aoki - "Scanners, Low Life (LA Riots Remix) (Uffie Guest Drop)" mp3
Metric - "Moster Hospital (MSTRKRFT Remix)" mp3
CSS - "Computer Heat" mp3
Estelle - "American Boy ft. Kanye West (Kill the Noise Remix)" mp3
Uffie - "Robot Oeuf" mp3
DJ Mehdi - "Pocket Piano" mp3
Apparat - "Arcadia (Telefon Tel Aviv Remix - Edit)" mp3
Sebastien Tellier - "La Ritournelle (Metronomy Remix)" mp3

Enjoy! Lv U

No comments: